Introducing . . . Storyworks at Home!
Our dear Storyworks teachers,
We understand you how much you miss being in your classrooms, able to meet face-to-face with students to teach, confer, intervene, and celebrate successes with laughs and hugs.
But being the amazing teachers you are, we know how hard you’re working to adapt to virtual teaching. And no matter where you and your students are, we want you to know that we are here to help!
Over the past weeks, we’ve been talking—and listening—to as many teachers as we can to hear what you need. And we are thrilled that we’ve been able to put together a very special Storyworks at Home page, a simple collection of offerings to make your virtual teaching easier and more joyful.
We have some brand-new delights, such as:
· A virtual author visit with Lauren Tarshis
· Easy-to-assign video and audio learning extravaganzas with Rebecca and Talia
· Fun and enriching learning journeys at the end of every digital article that guide students through creative activities (and away from screen time!)
And many of the features you love about Storyworks work beautifully at home, such as:
· Digital articles available on two reading levels (and easy to assign in Google Classroom!)
· Interactive Google activities. We have more now than ever!
· Our Family Letter with simple suggestions for parents and caregivers
· Engaging features that connect to social studies and science
As always, our best ideas come from you, our resilient and inspiring teachers. Please reach out any time with your thoughts and suggestions – or just to say hi!
Stay safe and well.
September 10, 2020
Fiction Teaser: Dusti Bowling's Mystery of the Cactus Arm
August 31, 2020
Sneak Peek! Your October/November Issue
August 13, 2020
New for 2020: Learning Journey Slide Decks and More Remote Teaching Tools
April 29, 2020
Get Your Students Involved in the My History Project
April 27, 2020
How to Add Storyworks Activities in Seesaw
November 3, 2020
Sneak Peek! Your December/January Issue