Family Letters Help You Partner With Parents for Learning
In recent days, many of you have done a head-spinning pivot to remote teaching. I am in awe of the efforts I’ve seen teachers across the country make.
With children at home, parents and families have become even more essential partners in learning. If you’re not yet familiar with the Family Letter that accompanies each issue, now is an ideal time to explore it.
The Family Letter is written especially to encourage children and parents to read and talk about Storyworks together. Every letter is available in English and Spanish and gives simple discussion starters for three features in the issue. It also provides an easy way to send home your classroom password, so families can read the digital issue.
You’ll find a Family Letter link on the homepage of each issue:
There are several ways you can share the letter with families:
• Download the PDF and attach it to an email
• Post it on a class webpage
• Upload the PDF to Google Classroom
• Copy the link to the PDF and paste it into a post on Google Classroom or another learning management system
• Copy and paste the text of the letter into an email or text message
• If you are still in school, photocopy it to send home with students
The whole Storyworks team is thinking about you and eager to help in any way we can. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact me anytime at email@example.com.
April 6, 2021
Sneak Peek! Your May/June Issue
February 5, 2021
Sneak Peek! Your March/April Issue
January 5, 2021
Sneak Peek! Your February Issue
September 10, 2020
Fiction Teaser: Dusti Bowling's Mystery of the Cactus Arm
August 31, 2020
Sneak Peek! Your October/November Issue