Family Letters Help You Partner With Parents for Learning
During the pandemic, parents and families have become even more essential partners in learning. If you’re not yet familiar with the Family Letter that accompanies each issue, now is an ideal time to explore it.
The Family Letter is written especially to encourage children and parents to read and talk about Storyworks together. Every letter is available in English and Spanish and gives simple discussion starters for three features in the issue. It also provides an easy way to send home your classroom password, so families can read the digital issue.
You’ll find a Family Letter link on the homepage of each issue:
There are several ways you can share the letter with families:
• Download the PDF and attach it to an email
• Post it on a class webpage
• Upload the PDF to Google Classroom
• Post the Google Slide version of the letter on Google Classroom or another learning management system
• Copy and paste the text of the letter into an email or text message
• If you are still in school, photocopy it to send home with students
The whole Storyworks team is thinking about you and eager to help in any way we can. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.